Friday, February 17, 2012

Photo of the Day--February 18, 2012

Heading to Macau in about 15 minutes, so not a whole lot of time to write anything terribly insightful or brilliant. If you feel the need to fullfil your "Blaine Curcio-Authored Writing" for the day...yesterday's post was pretty good, so feel free to have a look at that! Alternatively, there are some decently interesting posts from my times in Hong Kong, Netherlands, Colombia, etc., so have a browse :-D (shameless self-promotion, I know!)

Anyway, without further ado, the photo of the day:



This is a photo from the restaurant just near my apartment. Very interesting place, sort of upper-class, but at the same time, the shameless gaudiness and just weird decorations make it a bit awkward. Every time I go there I get the same thing--this unbelievable dish of asparagus (as it turns out, you were right Dalton!) with some really hot peppers, sort of like pan-fried I think. Absolutely phenomenal, by a wide margin my favorite Chinese dish. So the next time you're in China, make sure to grab some pan-fried asparagus!

Other than that, was Dylan's (another teacher from the CTLC program) birthday last night, so that ended in going to Guomao (really Chinese clubbing district) and having a shocking evening there. Leaving for Atlanta a week from Monday, which should be good. If nothing else, I'll get about 20,000 frequent flier miles, so certainly can't complain. And if any of my friends in Chicagoland are going to be around, I'll be in O'Hare Airport for about 4 hours on Monday the 27th! So come on out for lunch!

Photo from Macau to come tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment