Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Blog Post Per Day

So I've realized over the last few months how much I really enjoy writing. It's something that I'd love to pursue as a career if I were better at it, given that I don't really consider it work, and I enjoy sharing ideas and stories with other people. I've been keeping this blog pretty sporadically over the past 20 months or so, and have noticed that (unsurprisingly), the more consistently I'm writing posts, the more readers there are per post on average. So what I'm going to try to do is this--currently when I write a new post, I will usually make it my Facebook status or Tweet about it, so as to let people know there's a new post (which is pretty necessary when posts can be weeks apart). Anyway, I've decided that for the next 30 days, I will try to publish one post per day. With this in mind, I have a few goals for this little project:

1) The topics of these posts should be diverse. Some will probably just be things about my life, as has been the main theme so far, but I'll also throw in some ramblings about current events, travel, sports, and anything else that makes it more diverse. Thankfully, I have a lot of interests.

2) The posts should vary significantly in length. I like this idea, because I never really know when I've written too much, and think it'll be good to try to keep some posts to a few hundred words, while also making some a couple pages. So we'll have to see how that goes.

3) The posts should be consistently written. One post per day, no more, no less.

4) I will no longer be updating Facebook/Twitter with every post. If I write something that I feel is really interesting, important, or is just a major event in my life, I'll probably post it on social media, but for the most part, if you like what you're reading, bookmark this now!

Anyway, that's about all I was looking to accomplish in this post, will start tomorrow with 1 post per day, hopefully for the next 30 days (though I will say well in advance that I may not be able to put up a post on October 27th, as I'll be spending most of that day flying across the Pacific Ocean)

Thanks for reading up to this point, hope to see people dropping by here over the next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment